We have several fabulous bakers in our Emeryville offices and we wanted to share a favorite holiday cookie recipe from COO, Jane Pak, who keeps our tummies full and our hearts happy with her delectable concoctions.
Jane’s Coconut Chocolate Chip cookies
- 1 cup shortening (or 16 tablespoons softened butter)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 room temp eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips (or however much you want)
- Beat first 5 ingredients until creamy. In another bowl mix all dry ingredients and slowly stir into the wet ingredients until you get a good dough.
- Incorporate coconut
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Chill for at least 4 hours
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- With a small icecream scoop, scoop out the dough and bake 8 cookies per sheet, giving them about 2 inches between each cookie
- Bake 12 minutes, edges should be crispy and center just a liiiiiiittle under done. Pull out and let rest.
Also, more printables! How about some gift tags that your little one can color and cut out? (while you’re putting your feet up with those dangerous coconut chocolate chip cookies…)