Crafting is a wonderful way to stay present and engaged with our kiddos - the trick is to keep it simple! Felt is an ideal material to work with because it’s soft, tactile, easy to manipulate and it comes in a fantastic array of colors.
Jes Anthonis of Mosey Handmade has put together a sweet felt project for you all – a Spring Fairy Peg Doll!
Our Spring Fairy Peg Doll tutorial is perfect for little hands, and easy enough for ages 3 and up with adult supervision. These peg dolls are perfect for your nature table or mantel or can be pocket companions on all your adventures!
You will need:
- Trace and cut out wing pattern
- Cut holes where you will place the ribbon (for children under 6, parent help needed)
- Thread ribbon through the back two holes and across the wooden peg and back through the bottom hole
- Tie in a snug bow at the back of your fairy
- Take her outside and play!
Benzie Design sells all things wool felt and is generously providing a custom color palette for this week’s giveaway! Mosey Handmade sources many of their felt from Benzie including their pompoms. Make sure to check out Benzie Design's felt tutorials on their blog!
Have you worked with felt with your kids? Send us your thoughts and your photos for a chance to win (rules below):
- The Mosey Palette felt pack (includes 10 9"x12" sheets, shown above)
- A pair of Livie & Luca shoes of your choice!
- A Mosey Handmade for Livie & Luca felt crown or hat
INSTAGRAM GIVEAWAY RULES:
- Follow @livieandluca, @moseyhandmade, @benziedesig on Instagram
- Share this Instagram giveaway image = 1 entry
- Tag friends = 1 entry each
- Post your favorite crafts photos, mention each brand and use #LLandMOfairy = 2 entries
- Comment on this blog post = 3 entries
- Enter by 4/2/17. Winner announced on Instagram on 4/3/17